Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email tickets for different issue types

Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2020

Hi,

Is there any possibility for following case.

I have two issue types in same service desk project.

Incident

Problem

I have enabled requests by email , and its mapped to Incident. 

Now my problem is , i am converting the customer tickets based on keywords. But i cannot convert email ticket to problem because its different issue type. Is there any way in jira we can convert it using automation.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2020

Hello @Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)

Thank you for reaching out.

Per your description, I understand that you would like to automatically change the issue type of your issues created by email when a specific keyword is added to its summary or description. Is that correct?

Also, your question is flagged as Jira Server. Is that the environment you are currently using?

Unfortunately, The native automation of Jira service desk server does not have an action to move issues to a different issue type. We have the two feature request below that might help you to achieve this goal in the future:

Issue workflow/field configuration migration in automation 

Add the ability to configure multiple email handlers for a single Service Desk project 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

That being said, you can check in the feature requests some workarounds you can use to implement something similar. Here are some options:

1. Using Jira automation, you can change the Request types of your issues. That being said, instead of changing the issue-type, you can configure your queues to be based on the request type, using automation to change it based on the keywords you need (Using JQL)
  2. You can manually bulk move your issues to a different issue type based on the keywords (JQL).
  3. You can create an external script using REST API to schedule the update of issues automatically, based on the keywords (JQL).

Let us know if you have any questions.

Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2020

Thanks for your reply and sorry for late response.  I can change the type by automation but the problem is both issue types have different workflows and this is the challenge 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events