Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Email requests - Request type is unsuitable

QB QB I'm New Here Jun 18, 2021

Hi,

Dose anyone who can help how to restore default email request type? I accident delete the request type that using for default email relay. Although I created a new email request type and connected to custom email account. But I am still would like to know how to restore previous setting.

In the attached screenshots, I accidently delete Emailed request associated issue type and it become invalid issue type. If I try to delete the request type, there is an error message displayed.

With these information, could anyone help? Thank you.

001.png002.png

1 answer

0 votes

Hello @QB QB,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When the Request type shows “Invalid issue type” is because the issue type was deleted or removed from the project.

To fix the issue, please, go to Project settings > Issue types > Actions > Edit issue types.

Then, drag and drop the issue types from one column to another. 

On the screenshot below, you can see the default issue types of an ITSM template (the same you are using), so you can add the same issue types.

Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 16.59.18.png

Once you associate the issue type to the project again, you will be able to use the Emailed requests again.

Note that it must be the same as shown on the screenshot, the ones with [System] on the name + Task and Sub-task. 

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Atlympic Event: Jira Service Managemnt

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

70 views 0 0
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you