• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Email request ignored by Jira Service Desk mail handler

HI,

We have Jira Service Desk project set up for anybody to be able to raise a ticket. However, yesterday during a demo with a client we sent an email to our support desk email address and the email did not generate a ticket. I checked the logs, and the email was not logged either. However, it definitely did reach our Office 365 account that the JSD project is linked to. 

The email address in question is an existing Atlassian account, so I would have expected the email to go through, or at least to have a log entry showing why it failed. When I added the email address as a customer, the system picked up a number of tickets raised by the same email address, so the process worked previously.

I know that if an account is inactive it will reject such email requests, but it will also log the rejection. But this is an active email account, so is anybody able to explain why there was no entry in the email log please?

2 answers

0 votes
Liam Green Community Leader Oct 06, 2020

Hi @Roy 

Is it showing in the mailbox for the email account?  Has it been blocked by your spam filter?

Regards, Liam

Hi Liam,

It is showing up in the mailbox, so hasn't been blocked by spam. I'll raise a support request, it's a puzzle and we are concerned that other emails may slip through the same net

Regards,

Roy

Like Liam Green likes this
0 votes
Liron Atlassian Team Oct 06, 2020

Hey Roy, it may be worth raising a support ticket for this to check the problem. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Cheers,

Liron

Product Manager on Jira Service Desk team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

170 views 0 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you