Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notifications to customer when incidents are created by ourselves

Marsik December 14, 2021

Hi,

I'm a first timer trying to set up Jira for support tickets. We have a seperate Jira Service project for this customer. The customer ALWAYS reports issues via phone, which means the service desk team member always creates the ticket.

Therefore if a ticket is created:

1: It always starts with ''work in progress'' status > This we configured.
2: It should always auto assign to the person who has reported the ticket (I can only select auto assign to project lead, how to I make incident tickets for this project always auto assign to the creator so we don't need those extra 2 clicks)? If service desk employee#1 creates the ticket it should auto assign to him, if employee#2 reports it, it should always auto assign to him, etc...
3: Response time should always be ''0m'' because the fact the ticket is being created means we already responded to it (as creating a ticket in Jira is a direct result of responding to a phone call).
4: On creating this ticket I want customer@customer.eu to be mailed.
5: On Completing this ticket with any status, I want customer@customer.eu to be mailed.

for 4 and 5 I'd like to select the relevant fields which the mail needs to contain and which fields it does not need to contain.

How do I configure this? I've been clicking through the project settings for a while now and can't seem to find the relevant settings.  

1 answer

2 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2021

Hi @Marsik , welcome to the Community. The following is for CMP projects. If you are using TMP let me know.

• auto assign to reporter - add a post function (assign to current user) to your workflow create transition. This assumes you are using CMP project.
  • response time SLA - if it is always consider “met” then why not remove the SLA altogether? It has zero value here.
  • notifying the customer - the agent must set the customer in the Reporter field. Also, if the agent uses the CREATE button rather than “raise a request” then they need to be sure to select the Customer Request Type. Notifications for customer are configured under project settings > customer notifications.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events