Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notifications not send to reporter

Tom Tang May 12, 2021

Hi there, we are having issues with reporters are not getting email notification when there is a new comment on the ticket, also reporters are not getting email when new ticket was created by said reporter.

I can see there are errors in the mail queue section but can't tell the reason, just wanted to know if you be able to see the reason from your end.

Thanks in advance. 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2021

@Tom Tang Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

If you are using server then Atlassian will not be able to see anything on your server. You can use the notification helper in System > Notification helper to track down why the individual is not getting notified.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver0413/managing-service-desk-notifications-1027136297.html

I also usually see this when the reporter is an agent in the service desk.

Tom Tang May 13, 2021

Hi Brant, thanks for the reply. Your link has answered my question, this is what happens to me as a agent and a reporter. Cheers

"Agents don't receive notifications on their own changes when they act as a customer on issues with a set request type. Jira Service Desk treats agents acting as a reporter, participant or approver on these issues as a customer. This occurs regardless of the notification scheme.

Agents who are part of an organization will only receive a customer notification when a request is shared with that organization. If the agent is the assignee of the issue, they won't receive any notifications from the project's Jira notification scheme."

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events