Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notification to customers added in 'Request Participant'

Kenneth Beals July 14, 2021

Hello. Customers of our site are not getting email alerts when said customers are added to the 'request participants' field. If a help desk agent is added to the field, they get the alerts as expected. There is no issue security schema. Any direction on how to get the customers that we add to the 'request participant' file to get alerts would be appreciated, as it seems from the documentation that this should work out of the box. I manually added 'User Custom Field Value (Request participants)' on the notification scheme, but this does not appear to work either.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jonas Ekström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2021

Hi,
Have you looked at "Customer notifications" under "Project settings" for the specific Service Management Project?
The notifications scheme and "Notifications" are just your internal notifications.

Kenneth Beals July 15, 2021

Hi Jonas, thanks for your reply. Yes all the settings there are default on, except for the Organization notification, which we intentionally have off.

Now, I have been reproducing this issue, and tailing the exchange logs to see if notifications are going out, and they appear to be successful now. I'm not sure what I did (or didn't do), but this is working now. Accepting your answer as it's where I should have looked initially. Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events