Hope you can help with the folowing.
1. We have a user picker custom field "Approvers Level 1".
2. Workflow status "Waiting for L1 approval" has the checkbox Add approval checked and the field Get approvers from is set to "Approvers Level 1".
3. The Customer notification "Approval required" is set to send mail to "Approvers".
4. When I edit the issue and manually add a user to the field "Approvers Level 1" and save, the mail is sent without exception and it is the desired behaviour.
I also want to add this functionalty to a workflow postfunction. The purpose is that the ticket owner, on Jira Service Desk can escalate the approval to a higer level. So...
1. I have set up a transition from status "Waiting for L1 approval" to that same status called "Escalate".
2. I've set up a Scriptrunner postfunction that calls "Add Uber Approver.groovy". The script simply adds a specific user to the custom field "Approvers Level 1". The rest of the postfunctions are untouched and there are no conditions (so far).
3. When I set off the transition, the issue is updated perfectly. BUT NO MAIL FOR APPROVAL. No matter where I set the scriptrunner postfunction in the postfunction sequence.
Logs are of no use to me because there are no errors. How can I degug this kind of behaviour? Did I miss something in the settings?
ScriptRunner version: 5.4.49
JIRA software version: 7.12.1
Service Desk version: 3.15.1
Any tips and help can be appreciated!
We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan. &nb...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events