Email not being sent to approvers from postfuncion, afer groovy script

Marina Veselić July 4, 2019

Hi comunitiy!

Hope you can help with the folowing.

1. We have a user picker custom field "Approvers Level 1".

2. Workflow status "Waiting for L1 approval" has the checkbox Add approval checked and the field Get approvers from is set to "Approvers Level 1". 

3. The Customer notification "Approval required" is set to send mail to "Approvers". 

4. When I edit the issue and manually add a user to the field "Approvers Level 1" and save, the mail is sent without exception and it is the desired behaviour. 

I also want to add this functionalty to a workflow postfunction. The purpose is that the ticket owner, on Jira Service Desk can escalate the approval to a higer level. So...

1. I have set up a transition from status "Waiting for L1 approval" to that same status called "Escalate".

2. I've set up a Scriptrunner postfunction that calls "Add Uber Approver.groovy". The script simply adds a specific user to the custom field "Approvers Level 1". The rest of the postfunctions are untouched and there are no conditions (so far).

3. When I set off the transition, the issue is updated perfectly. BUT NO MAIL FOR APPROVAL. No matter where I set the scriptrunner postfunction in the postfunction sequence.

Logs are of no use to me because there are no errors. How can I degug this kind of behaviour? Did I miss something in the settings?

Technical info:

ScriptRunner version: 5.4.49

JIRA software version: 7.12.1

Service Desk version: 3.15.1

Any tips and help can be appreciated!

Kind regards,

Marina

1 answer

0 votes
Anton “KeDoCbl” Nosov February 20, 2021

Hello Marina, did you fix it?

Suggest an answer