Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Requests - Invalid issue type

Kevin Tonner February 25, 2021

Hi, I've been evaluation Service management and I can no longer send email to be converted to tickets. Im my project settings -> requests types I have Email requests but it is showing an invalid issue type.

As it was previously working, is there somewhere I can see what issue type was previously associated with email requests and how would I restore / recreate and associate it.

Any help appreciated

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Its working now, thanks for your help.

Is Service Request the only issue type than is created from an email request or what component of an issue type connects it to the email request?

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2021

That is the default one that is set up. You can also set up a custom issue type with a custom email address if you want.

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2021

@Kevin Tonner

Out of the box the issue type used is Service Request. Is that still in your project?

Thanks,

Kian

I have 2 issue types available task & incident and the Email Request associated issue type shows 'invalid issue type'. I'm not sure what issue type is invalid

thanks for replying

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 25, 2021

Try adding the Service Request issue type back in

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events