Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Email Notifications Displaying the wrong name

Edited

EDIT: Legacy Automation was the culprit

G'Day fellow Atlassians,

I was hoping that someone could provide what I assume to be a straightforward answer that I am just not seeing to changing the way Jira notifies customers of updates on their tickets. 

Recently, a co-worker sent me a forwarded email that showed I had made updates to her ticket and asked me about the work I did. I never touched that ticket nor was the update part of any automation (I know as the owner of most automation, the system identifies me as the one executing it). 

I see in the general email settings it is telling me the email header should be ${fullname} (Jira) but I can not for the life of me figure out where that is pulling from.  All my searched for that specifically formatted smart value are coming up empty. 

This isn't the first time I have been contacted by a customer regarding a ticket I did no work on due to one of these notifications and I would love to know where that is pulling from and how to fix it.

TIA!
-M

Untitled.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

One quick thing to look at before we dive in - what does the issue history say happened?

Hi Nick

So History shows me as being the one who changes the status etc.  I was just about to come in and update this though because it was Legacy automation that was set to Project Owner for these notifications instead of the person that triggered it. :)

Thanks!

Ah!  That makes sense.

I thought it might be a script or automation being executed in your name, that was the next thing I was going to say if the history had your name on it!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events