Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Email Notification from Customers

Hello,

We have setup Service Request notification for customers via email. Yesterday one of our customers initiated Service Request. This SR is not appearing on our Dashboard, though we have received it on our email id support@smartites.com.

Kindly look into this and let us know the root cause.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey Community Leader Jul 21, 2021

Did the email result in the creation of an issue? Can you check the email log to see if there is an associated error (project settings > email requests and click on the log link). Is the from email a Customer in the project?

Hi

No, the email has not created any issue. Do we have to define customer in the project for email to appear in dashboard. We have only 1 project where all customers raise request and all such requests gets populated in the Dashboard.

Jack Brickey Community Leader Jul 21, 2021

An email doesn’t appear in the dashboard. I’m not exactly sure what you mean by dashboard here to be honest. Maybe you mean in your queues? In any event please check the logs as I mentioned. I suspect you will find that the issue was not created because the from address was not a pre-existing customer. Unless you open up your project to be open then you must’ve define the customers upfront.

You are correct, I mean queues. We are receiving emails of different customers in the queue. Can you explain how can I define project as "Open".

In fact, I checked the logs too. There is no error entry for the day (19th July 2021) when the request was created by the customer through email notification.

Jack Brickey Community Leader Jul 22, 2021

Do you indicated you check the logs and there was no error. Let me rewind here a second. I have to wonder if the issue was actually created. Can you check the following:

1. For the customer that supposedly sent the email can you verify if they are in fact already a customer? You can do this by clicking on the customers in the sidebar and searching for that customer.
  2. If the customer exist let's go look and see if there any issues reported by that customer. Click into the search bar and then select advance search and enter the following JQL - project = xxx and reporter = cusomer-xxx. Obviously replace the xxx and customer-xxx.

I am wondering if your cues are defined in some manner that is excluding the customer and the actual issue was created as intended..

Hi

The Customer did sent an email on our id support@smartites.com. We can see it from the web mail.

Do we have to add customers?, We are using JIRA Service Management since almost 6 months now and have never added customer. Whats more, we are able to see their requests in the queue.

Jack Brickey Community Leader Jul 23, 2021

Can you share an mage of Customer Permissions under project settings? You don’t need to define the customer ahead of time if your project is public. Can you please check on my #2 request above, does the customer in question here actually have issues already reported?

Yes The customer did report an issue. As I mentioned in my previous communication, we can see the issue from support@smartites,com web mail.

The screen shot is attached.

error.png

Jack Brickey Community Leader Jul 27, 2021

Ok so you have it set up as a public project so that anyone can send in a request. So I can’t think of any reason why an issue would not have been created. However to be sure about this I would search using JQL. Go into the advanced search area by clicking in the search bar at the top of the menu and selecting advanced search. Once there use the following JQL to see if any issues are found this specific customer.

reporter = xxxx

where xxxx is the customer in question

i’m just trying to rule out the possibility that the issue actually was created but just isn’t showing up in your queues. Speaking of which, could you please provide the underlying query for the queue where you would expect to see the issue appear?

Hi

When you say reporter = xxxx where xxxx is the customer are you referring to customer email id from which the request was raised?

Jack Brickey Community Leader Jul 28, 2021

Yes

Hi

We checked it and the JQL query did not show the customer email id from which the issue was raised. Surprisingly, the issue is shown on our webmail support@smartites.com - the same id published to all our customers to raise issue.

Sorry forgot to mention----

we fired query as reporter = "ashish.sawant@vw-shamancars.in"

Hello,

I am waiting for a solution. What should I do to resolve this?

Jack Brickey Community Leader Aug 11, 2021

I can’t say what is going on for sure. There is some piece of info that is missing here that would explain what is going on but I can’t uncover it thru this conversation. You should see a log entry in the email logs when the customer sends an email and that log should offer a clue. If you are not seeing the log then I believe that JSM is not receiving the email. If things are working as expected for all other customers you need to focus on that clue. I would recommend searching the Community for similar situations that have an accepted answer. 

Unfortunately as you are on free you are limited to volunteer support within the Community. Otherwise I would suggest opening a request with support so the could log into your account and investigate.

Okay. We got similar issue reported from another customer. Is there a possibility on maximum cap on number or email ids the requester can mark to?. I observed that in both the issues reported, the requester has marked email to more than 4 individuals who are part of their team in addition to support@smartites.com.

Jack Brickey Community Leader Aug 12, 2021

If you are asking about a cap on request participants (Cc) then no, none that I am aware of and 4 is certainly not a lot.

Okay. One more possibility

Any time interval problem between more than 2 requests raised by same or different customers?.,

Is there any way requests does not show up in the Que if more than 1 request is received at the same time from different customers or more than 1 request is received from same customer within split seconds?.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events