Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Email Channel Edited

I am new to Service Desk. I have it setup right now so that when users send request via email it gets converted and creates a ticket. This is working, however when ever I open the ticket from the web and comment on the ticket the email does not get delivered to the requester inbox. 

Please advice on how to get this setup.  

3 answers

ANYONE AVAILABLE TO HELP ME OUT WITH THIS? 

Automated user-specific emails to strengthen customer communications.

Hello @Donny Forbes,

I assume you have to configure your SMTP server in Jira (https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-an-smtp-mail-server-to-send-notifications-947184044.html).

As the Jira Service Desk mail channel is only inbound and not outbound.

Kind Regards,
Tim

Hi Tim thanks for getting back to me. I did exactly what this link says to do, however when I go to the Settings -> Mail -> Outgoing Mail all I see is this 

Jira Email Config.JPGThere is no option to configure SMTP for outgoing. I do have Admin permission as well. What am I missing?

Hello Donny,

it seems that you are not granted the "System Administrator" permission. So it would make sense to ask the person who grants you the Administrator permission to extend this or check the the current outgoing mail configuration with him.

Otherwise there are options to restore these privileges when you search the documentation. 

Regards,
Tim

How do I grant my user system-administrator access?  I see  this for “Jira Administrator ability to perform most administration functions ( EXCLUDING SMTP Config )

That’s why I believe I am not able to see this option to configure an outgoing SMTP for my Jira Service Desk for the Cloud. 

Does anyone know how to give my-self permission here so I can get the SMTP Outgoing setup?

I was told that the JSD Cloud version doesn't have an SMTP option is that true? 

Oh, you're on Cloud. There is a default SMTP Server which you can't change. But you can go to "Send email" in next to Outgoing Mail and see the from address and can send a test as well. 

The default outgoing address is jira@yourdomain.atlassian.net. If not explicit changed in the project settings it's the same for the Service Desk Notification outbound mail.

Then you can potentially check on you mail client / mail admin if you receive it.

ok I will do this. 

I am good now. Got it all working, well this part. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

ThinkTilt is joining the Atlassian Family!

This morning, Atlassian announced the acquisition of ThinkTilt , the maker of ProForma, a no-code/low code form builder with 700+ customers worldwide. ThinkTilt helps IT empower any team in their or...

923 views 30 33
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you