E-mail lands at queue (not in incident)

Smartmind Admin November 19, 2020

Hello,

I've succesfully set up that an e-mail creates a new ticket, that works well.

I'd like to achive that this creates an incident, but whatever I choose at " Incoming Mail -> Issue Type " new ticket lands at queue.

Is there anyway to set this?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2020

So what defines an "incident" here? Is Incident associated w/ Opsgenie or is Incident a Request type or is Incident an Issuetype?

What ends up in a Queue is defined by the underlying JQL for the queue. Email requests in JSM are associated to a specific Request type.

There are 5 main types: Queues, Service Request, Incidents, Problems, Changes

Is it by design that every incoming e-mail lands at Queue even If I set up that Issue Type is [System] Incident?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2020

so it sounds like those are Request types. Please confirm under project settings > request types. Assuming so, and assuming you simply want all email requests to result in Incident rather than Queue the go to project settings > email requests and click on the ellipses in upper right corner. Select Configure email requests.

Great, thanks a lot for the quick help!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events