Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail comments not triggering comment added automation (JSD)

Jeff Santos April 29, 2019

I'm having trouble with e-mails comments and automations.

I have an automation that runs based on the comment added trigger, to make a transition when my customer adds a comment.

After a long time trying to make e-mails turn into a comment, it turned out that the automation doesn't even register the comment in the log. My transition does not occur either. 

Does someone know what can be done?

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

We too have same issue in JSD 4.13.1. E-mail comments not triggering comment added automation rule

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2019

Can you share your automation rules?

The automation is set as below:image.pngComment added trigger, for issues of a certain status, which user is a customer.

This comment of issue INFRA-270, made today at 10:52 should be there:

image.png

The problem is that the log doesn't even show the comment event:

image.png

The automation works when the comment is added throught the portal.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2019

so what does the "Show details" convey? I would expect that a green check would be on the when trigger but fail on the IF condition if user is not a customer or issue didn't match status.

The details are also correct.

The problem is that the comment doesn't seem to be triggering the automation when it comes from e-mail.

When the automation is triggered, the rule works great, regardless if it fails the condition or not.

In the screenshot examples, the condition failed because it was triggere by my user, which is not a customer.

The comment added by the customers through e-mail are not shown for some reason.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events