Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mai customers and portal

Anna Arczynska December 1, 2022

Hi,

I need settings to configure JIRA Service managemento to work like follow. 

Any user can sent e-mail to me (help desk)  and request will be rised, in JIRA. But this user will not have automatically account created. I do not want external clients to have possibility to log in to portal.

Is this possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2022

@Anna Arczynska If you have it setup so anyone can email then the customers will have the ability to access the customer portal.  You can turn off the customer notification email so they are not sent an invite but all of the following emails will have links to the portal.  Can I ask why you do not want them accessing the portal?

Anna Arczynska December 5, 2022

Hard to say. This is some kind of company regulation - internal law.
I tried Products -> JIRA SERVICE MANAGEMENT Create accounts for customers -> no one can create new accounts.
It works. After receiving an email from the new address, the account was not created. But I do not know is this configuration coud generate some negative impact is incidient life cicle (email requests)

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2022

@Anna Arczynska Do you have a specific process for individuals to get access to your service desk?  Usually I see it turned off if you have a support onboarding process with specific named support contacts at the company's you are providing support to.  This would not have a negative impact as only the named support contacts would be able to send an email.

Anna Arczynska December 8, 2022

Thank you for your involvement. You are tight account are not a problem, portal was. We resolve this by adding access to portal (external customers) from accepted domains only work like a charm :)

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 8, 2022

@Anna Arczynska Can you accept the answer to help others.

0 votes
Patrik Korovsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2022

Hello @Anna Arczynska 

You can use the email request feature. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagementserver/receiving-requests-by-email-939926303.html

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Anna Arczynska December 1, 2022

Yes but:
"Before you share an email address with your customers, check your customer permissions.

• If anyone can email your service project, then your email address is ready to be shared. People who email your service project automatically become customers."

Every person will be customer, is that mean that every person will grand access to portal? They can use email from request  and forget password option for example? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events