Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamically display different fields based on selected values

Boris Maksimov December 11, 2019

Hello,

This is not likely an existing feature, but i wonder if anyone thought of a workaround.

I would like to set up my JSD request types so that the collection of fields displayed within one type changes based on selections made in (custom) dropdown fields. For example, if I select Component1 fields A, B and C are displayed, but if I select Component2 fields D, E and F are displayed. I will be fine with a solution where a field value drives requirements for other fields.

I realize that I can create multiple request types with different field configuration, but I aim to minimize the number of request types displayed in the portal.

Thanks,
BM

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2019

You might want to check the following app, it should help you achieve what you want

Https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212161/extension-for-jira-service-desk

Boris Maksimov December 13, 2019

Thanks for the suggestion Hernan. I am not sure if this is what I need. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the plugin just allows for nested dropdown menues, but I actually need the collection of subsequent input fields (text, or dropdown, radio buttons, etc.) to change based on the previous fields' selection.

Thanks!

Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2019

@Boris Maksimov I am quite certain that it doesn't only apply for drop-down menu only. Install a trial and give it shot

Boris Maksimov December 17, 2019

Thanks again @Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group  I'll accept this answer, though I haven't really tested the app at this point.

0 votes
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2019

Hi @Boris Maksimov 

You see a demonstration of our Elements Connect app for Cloud in the beta version in this blog article:

https://blog.valiantys.com/en/apps/connect-for-jira-cloud-sql/

If you'd like to sign up to try be part of the beta, you can do that here.

Boris Maksimov December 13, 2019

Hi @Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_ Please see my response to Hernan above. I believe the Elements app also allows just for the nested dropdown menus. If that's not so, please let me know

Thanks!

Dilan Kaplan December 9, 2020

@Boris Maksimov 

Happy one year anniversary to this comment - I was wondering if you managed to find a work around for this - it is in fact exactly what I am trying to build now

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events