Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate user in dropdown, only one in app

AJohnston September 20, 2022

This one is kinda weird. I have a user who was somehow logging in with a different account, but it's the same email address. They had been added as participants on tickets with either account, so some showing on one, and the others showing on the other. I've moved all the tickets to the correct account, but when I go to try and remove that other user account, it's not found in Atlassian Users, nor in Jira People. What am I missing? And why are there 2 accounts with the same email?? (The one with the red X is the duplicate account that I can't find and want to get rid of.)

Ticket Reporter or Participant:

Screenshot 2022-09-20 1025292.png

Jira People:

Screenshot 2022-09-20 103418.png

Atlassian Users:

Screenshot 2022-09-20 103204.png

PS they have signed into their account, so I don't know why it's showing as no activity. When I connected with them, I saw the gray person and had them log out. Then the person icon updated to the MM initials icon. They clicked log out again, and it finally brought them to the sign in screen. When they logged back in, it was the correct MM initials account.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Josiane Oliveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2022

Hello AJohnston, I hope you’re having a great day!  :)

Based on your description and screenshots, it seems that you're facing issues with duplicated accounts, it means that the email address has two accounts related to your site, one Atlassian account, and a Portal-only account.
You can view the difference between both here.

In order to fix it, you can merge both accounts by migrating the customer account within the Atlassian Account, and this should fix problems related to duplicate accounts:

• Go to the User Management (https://<instance>.atlassian.net/admin) > Jira Service Management > Portal Customers > find the affected customer > click on the ellipsis (•••) and select Migrate to Atlassian account. After that, go back to Users, find that user and make sure that the Has access on-site option is enabled.

Let me know if this works for you!

Regards

Josiane Oliveira

Atlassian Support 

AJohnston September 22, 2022

Yup, that was it. Thanks!

Like Josiane Oliveira likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD