Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop Down

Pritesh Gohil January 6, 2021

My customers enter information via a web portal.  They have drop downs to select items.

On one of the drop downs I need to add a menu item to pick.  How do I do this?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2021

Hi @Pritesh Gohil 

Welcome to the Community!

You will need to edit the values of the custom field - the below article should help:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/edit-or-delete-a-custom-field/

If you run into any problems, let me know.

Hope that helps

Regards, Liam

Pritesh Gohil January 7, 2021

Hi @Liam Green 

Within the 'Search Template' it say 'Multi Text Searcher'.

So now I need to tunnel down further to find the actual text which the customer selects.

Pre

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2021

Hi @Pritesh Gohil 

Can you let me which article you're using and which step you made it to?

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi,
The article I used is the one you gave me   https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/edit-or-delete-a-custom-field/

I got to step 3 in your instructions.   Screen shot is below

07012021.PNG

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2021

Hi

That's much clearer, thank you.

Rather than clicking on 'edit details', you need to select 'contexts and default value' as below:

image.png

Then on the page that comes up you can click 'edit options' and add the options you need.

I get to this stage.  It only shows 2 stations whereby there should a loads of them.   Not sure where the other stations are?

07012021no1.PNG

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2021

If all the options aren't showing then it sounds like you have the wrong custom field, is there possibly more than one?

I will search through the others.  I know you have to select a company and then depending on that you get a list of items associated with that particular company 

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2021

That sounds like you potentially have a number of 'station' fields

The number is about 108 to be precise.   Yes quite a lot in the drop down for customer to select from.

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2021

If you're familiar with REST API you could you that to find which specific field you need.

Can be tricky if you aren't familiar though.

Pritesh Gohil January 8, 2021

Hi Liam,   Really appreciate your help on this.   I was looking at the wrong field.   I found the correct field and hey presto it is all within there.  All fixed now.  You may close the incident.   Pre

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2021

Hi @Pritesh Gohil 

Glad you solved the problem.  If you'd like to press 'accept' at the top of this trail it will mark the answer as accepted.

Thanks, Liam

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events