Don't see the option to create team-managed projects

Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2021

Hi. I'm evaluating Jira Service Management Cloud. I have installed an instance with Standard Plan. I need to create a team managed project (aka next-gen). The documentation says that it is possible... but I don't see an option for this. So I am confused.

Documentation says:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/migrate-between-next-gen-and-classic-projects/

Doc.jpg

But what I actually see is this. There is no "Try a team-managed project" option.

CreateProject.jpg

I tried various options, various templates, I also selected a team at "What team is this for?" but the created project is always "classic".

Any idea about how to create a team-managed (next-gen) project? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Suprija Sirikonda _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2021

Hi @Danut M _StonikByte_ ,

To create team-managed (next-gen) project, you have to enable the option "Enable team-managed projects" which you can find in the below page : 

<your site name>.atlassian.net/jsd-next-gen 

This is described in the following article : 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/get-the-team-managed-jira-service-management-experience/

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Suprija

Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2021

Many thanks Suprija!

Zhanara December 6, 2022

Thank you! It worked for me

3 votes
Tom Harkness May 23, 2021

Hi, 

Having the same issue except the project still remains as a company project after using the URL above. Any help would be appreciated. 

Zhanara December 6, 2022

Hi,
i suppose you should create new team managed project, i couldn't change the type of existing project

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events