Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know how to create a trigger for a service desk ticket and Jira project ticket?

Khuram Butt July 19, 2021

Does anyone know how to create a trigger for a service desk ticket and Jira project ticket?

I have a ticket on Jira SD that i link to a Jira project ticket. Each one has its own workflow and statuses. 

I want to map these statuses so that when the Jira project ticket is moved to 'status of 'development started' then the Jira SD ticket that is linked to it moves to 'In progress'

There are other statuses and obviously final one is for when Jira project ticket is moved to done then the Jira SD ticket also moves to Done.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2021

Hi @Khuram Butt, Automation for Jira can help you with that. Have a look at the Jira automation template library, where you will find something like Sync work across epics and stories, where you can get some insights to help you with your use case.

I hope that helps.
Cheers.

1 vote
Hyrum Steffensen _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2021

Hello Khuram,

As Ivan points out, your requirements can be fulfilled via Automation or any scripting solution found on the Atlassian Marketplace, including Power Scripts. To create a script that runs during a Post Function, see this documentation . This will link an issue :

linkIssue(key, "JSD-1", "Relates");

To transition  a ticket "In Progress" . In Jira Cloud, you would use the transition id of "In Progress":

autotransition(121, "PRJ-123");

Regards,

Hyrum 

Please note that I work for Anova Apps, an Appfire company.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events