Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does 'all customers involved' include watchers of an issue?

Michael Gautsch December 5, 2022

Hello...I'm creating an automation rule to have Jira send an email when an issue is moved to done. If I select 'all customers involved' in the to: field, will this also include watchers of the issue? I'm having difficulty finding another option that is appropriate. The email needs to be sent to someone who is not the assignee, reporter, or approvers.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2022

Hello @Michael Gautsch 

Per the documentation:

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-automation-actions/#Send-email

Selecting All customers involved from the To field will trigger the email to be sent to the reporter, request participants, customers whose organization has been added to the issue, and customers who have subscribed to issue notification. Learn more about customers and organizations in Jira Service Management.

Customers are not typically included in the Watchers list because Watchers are licensed users of Jira. Customers are not licensed users, and are usually included only in Participants.

I found an answer from @Bill Sheboy on another post that may help, if you actually want to send the email to the issue Watchers:

If the people you want to notify are watchers, you could try this one:

{{issue.watchers.emailAddress}}

As with the custom field, type that into the email TO field.  I just tried it and it worked for me to notify watchers.  I found that smart value on this documentation page:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/smart-values-general/

Michael Gautsch December 6, 2022

Thanks Trudy. I will give this a try.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events