Does Jira Service Management come with a Jira Core license?

Jira User August 2, 2022

Does the Jira Service Management license come with a Jira Core license? or we will be charged for both licenses (Jira Service Management  + Jire core)

This question for Cloud version

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2022

Hi @Jira User,

Jira Service Management Agent license do not include Jira Core (now Work Management) or Jira Software.

However, You don't need licenses for users/customers that will be submitting issues to a Jira Service Management project, only the people actually working on the issues need a license.

That's the trade off.

I hope that helps!

Jira User August 2, 2022

@Jimmy Seddon  We have an internal helpdesk use case where HR, Office, IT, and Security teams want to use Jira Service Management but will also need access to Jira Software, is there anything that can save double paying?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2022

I'm sorry but there isn't anything you can do to avoid this.  Also, don't think of it as double paying, because you aren't you are buying licenses for people to work in two completely different types of projects with very different features.

It's exactly the same as a single user needing a license to access both Jira Software and Confluence.

Sorry I can't offer a better answer for you.

-Jimmy

Jira User August 2, 2022

All good, thank you!

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events