Does Jira Service Management Conversational Ticketing work for external customers?

Kayla Barnes December 16, 2022

What my company uses:
- Slack and Teams for support questions with external customers

- Slack for our internal discussions

- Jira for ticketing

- Confluence for an external "Client Wiki" that can show ticket status and details (only what we want to show) for anything we want the client to be updated on

- Confluence for our internal knowledge base

What we want to do
We want to let the external clients create tickets in Slack and Teams and have our support team manage via Jira Service Management and the Conversational Ticketing functionality.

What I need help with
I can't find anything that confirms if JSM with Conversational Ticketing works with external clients or not. I have found some things that mention internal usage but I haven't found anything confirming there is no external Customer usage.

If it does work for external clients, can anyone direct me to screenshots or videos of what it looks like?

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2023

@Kayla Barnes You would have to connect it to a slack channel that the clients have access to.  Do your clients have access to your slack?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events