Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to pay Atlassian for my knowledge base users?

Fabrício Valle January 22, 2021

I am an absolute beginner in Atlassian services and I have a very basic question: will I have to pay a monthly fee for the maintenance of my clients and leads who use our knowledge bases linked to our projects?
Or are these customers and leads not considered paid users?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2021

@Fabrício Valle, if these customers are accessing the content using Jira Service Management, no, you will not need to pay for them.

Thanks,

Kian

Fabrício Valle January 22, 2021

Thank you, Kian. If I understand correctly, if my customers are already associated with a Jira account, they will not pay, but if they are not Jira customers, I will have to pay for them, right?
If so, will I pay the same amount as I pay for my internal users, me, my partner and employees?

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2021

@Fabrício Valle, there are two ways that users can access Confluence content without being licensed. 

One of those ways is by being a Jira Service Management customer and having a KB article linked to a Service Management project. All customers of that project can access the KB without paying for a Confluence license. It doesn't matter whether they are a licensed Jira user or not, they can still access the Confluence content.

The other way is to turn on anonymous access for your Confluence instance. This allows you to expose specific spaces if you want so that anyone can see the content without having to sign into anything.

Hopefully this helps clarify what I meant!

Thanks,

Kian

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders