Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I add roles for agents to JSM as customers in addition to Service Desk Team role?

Cathy November 21, 2020

I am configuring our new instance of JSM and inviting our service desk team. I'm not sure if I am doing the right thing adding the role of service desk customer in addition the service desk team role.  They will be customers of their own and other projects.  Can anyone clarify please?

I have upgraded to premium plan but we are still in the trial period for that, previously in standard plan.

Many thanks,

Cathy

Screenshot_112120_112550_AM.jpg

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2020

No do not do this. Agents should not be customers too. It creates issues with notifications. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2020

Agents are not or should not be customers. I too find configuration of customers and agents confusing in JSM. The purpose of the drop down under people is so that you can select multiple roles for certain user if desired. Generally users fall into either SDT or Customer role. 

Cathy November 21, 2020

Thanks @Jack Brickey but would an agent (team role) in a project need adding as a customer in their own project in order to be able to raise an issue in that project, or would as an agent with service desk team role be able to do that by default without being added as a customer.  Sorry, just wanted to be really clear as our agents do need to raise issues within their own projects :)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 21, 2020

Agents can always add tickets. They don’t need to be Customers too. In fact agents often create issues on behalf of their customers. 

Like Cathy likes this
Cathy November 22, 2020

Thanks @Jack Brickey  :)

0 votes
Cathy November 21, 2020

Thanks for the reply, so by default a service desk team project role would allow the user to be a customer of the project anyway?

Would this option just be used for as another way to add customer then?  Or when would you select this option here otherwise please.  I am finding this a little confusing still as seems multiple ways to add customers and agents.  

Thanks for your help :)

Cathy 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events