Display my custom field edit.vm in jsd customer portal

TARYOUS Saad May 2, 2018

I'm trying to create an auto complete custom field and add it to my jsd customer portal, the  problem is that in my edit.vm file i have a <select></select> that work fine in the back-office but when i add the custom field to the customer portal, the custom field is displayed as a simple <input type="text"/> 

2 answers

0 votes
Vladimir Rusnak December 14, 2020

@TARYOUS Saaddid you find any solution?

Saad Taryous December 14, 2020

@Vladimir Rusnak Yes we had to adjust the edit.vm file and correct some errors, but it’s depends on your implementation.

Here is my gmail saadtaryous@gmail.com to discuss it in more detail.

Like Vladimir Rusnak likes this
Francisco Gomez Balastegui June 28, 2022

@Saad Taryous  Hi, could you please tell how t configure de VM, beacause i'm having the same trouble and i'm not able to solve it.

Thank You

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2018

I am afraid I'm not much help when it comes to modifying vm templates.  However have you see this KB? How to enable Autocomplete Renderer for Multi-Select Custom Field in JIRA

It provides you with steps you can follow in order to convert an existing muli-select field custom field in Jira into a field that allows for an auto-complete aspect.   I have followed this before and I know it can work with Jira, however I have not personally tested this with Service Desk. That said I still believe this can work in a customer portal that Service Desk provides.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events