Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display in the front-office a personalized field with a URL link

Michaël Monserrat October 19, 2020

Hello,

Is it possible to display in the customer data entry form (in the front-office) a custom field with a URL link?

Thank you, in advance, for your answers.

Best regards.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2020

I am not sure what you mean by "front-office" - do you mean the customer portal stuff where people would enter calls, or do you have some form of front-end front-office that then posts stuff back into Service Desk?

Also, you say "display a url field" - is this a url for their information and display only (like "you can read more about request types here"), or is it display only but dynamic ("you can read more about this particular request type here"), or are you asking them to enter a url as part of their request?

(Sorry, I know that's a lot of questions, but I don't want to waste your time answering the wrong possibility!)

Michaël Monserrat October 19, 2020

Hello Nic,

If you have any questions, it's because I wasn't specific enough in my application :)

What I call "front-office" is the customer portal.

The URL is a static type of URL that allows you to reach a site. For the moment, I work around the problem by using "Help and instructions", but it displays the URL at the top of the form. I preferred to be able to position the URL in the form.

Thank you for your help.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2020

Great, thank you for clarifying all my fuzziness!

The Service Desk is not that flexible when it comes to layouts, and there is no way to do that at present.

However, the Refined app for Jira Cloud gives you a bit more control over theming and layouts on Service Desk, it may be worth a look to see if it can help.  (There may be others, Refined is the only one I've done much work with)

Michaël Monserrat October 20, 2020

Thank you for your help.

Too bad there isn't a custom, read-only field, where it would have been possible to enter text or HTML.

I'll settle for what I've put in place for now.

Best regards.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events