Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Insight Attributes in Jira forms.

MICHAEL April 17, 2021

Greetings,

I curious if this is even possible, and if so how to do it. I’m trying to display the attributes of an asset when looking it up. Meaning when I’m looking for a computer using it’s name and once found it shows the computer OS, Laptop/Desktop, etc. The search field is of type “Assets” and uses Insight. I would like to show other attributes found in Insight when looking up the Asset. I’ve looked at using “Insight Object” as the field but was having a problem getting it to work.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2021

Hi @Michael Q. Terry,

The assets field is part of the old Insight marketplace app that is no longer available. As of March 31st, Insight has been relaunched as a new product, integrated for free in the premium and enterprise plans of Jira Service Management. It comes with a totally new Insight custom field that offers exactly the functionality you describe.

As it seems you are using the old Insight app already, you should be entitled to a free trial of premium.

This page is a good starting point to learn more.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events