Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable "Anyone can email the service desk or raise a request in the portal"

Markus Pöhler January 8, 2021

As a Jira Administrator, having read the following article:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver0413/managing-access-to-your-service-desk-1027136195.html

regarding the global user registration options, I learned that by setting the global instance MODE setting to PRIVATE, the Service Desk project's "customer permission" option "Anyone can email the service desk or raise a request in the portal" will be disabled

Quote:

If this option is disabled, then your Jira administrator has not turned on public signup for service desks on this Jira site. Learn more 

In JIRA Service Desk (Service Management) 4.13, this is not the case. I can still choose this option in a JIRA Service Desk project after / when having set MODE to PRIVATE in JIRA 8.13.

Used Edition: Data Center.

As a Jira Admin I want to prevent ANY uncontrolled user registration on my Jira instance and so would like to prevent usage f this setting by ANY Jira project administrators.

How can I realize this? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2021

Hello @Markus Pöhler ,

you have to configure that directly for Jira Service Management.

Navigate to Jira Administration -> Applications -> on the left side under Jira Service Management, click Configuration -> then you can find the option to disable that under Public signup.

Hope that helps.
Adam

Markus Pöhler January 8, 2021

Hi Adam,

thanks. I checked that and changed the setting. 

But still the third option ("Anyone can email the service desk or raise a request in the portal") in the SD project is not disabled and can be set / activated.

Does that make sense?

Thanks 

Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2021

Hello Markus,

I tried that on our DC instance.

After you disable it, the third option is still available. But if administrator tries to save it, he gets an error message, that public signup has to be enabled to use this option. And public signup can be enabled only by system administrators, if I am correct.

Does that work the same for you?

Adam

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events