Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Workflows for Customer Request Type

Justin Snyder March 9, 2018

We are building a customer care system where each team will have their workflow to complete a request that is forwrded to them.  But the problem we are having is that in servcie desk we are unable to switch issues types which are tied to the custom workflows.  I need to find a way via plugin or alternate configuration where we can have all questions submitted via one email address and then routed to the correct request type using Jira Service Desk automation or some other automation tool to the correct request type that is connected to a different workflow. 

3 comments

Nisha Hajamohideen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2018

Workflows are related to the Issue types.  Request Types will needs to be mapped to the appropriate Issue type and that will drive the workflow/process of the request submitted.

Please see https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedesk025/configuring-request-types-and-workflows-754977424.html if that helps.

You can use "Triage requests sent by email" automation rule to set different request type for the mails based on the key words.

E.g.  When Issue Created

If Summary contains "your request name"

Then Edit Request type (to set it to the appropriate ones)

Justin Snyder March 9, 2018

Yes, this I know. My challange I need to find a way to have it grow through differet workflows based on the type of request. 

Jeremy James September 16, 2021

@Justin Snyder did you manage to get this right? Im using the same issue type for different customer request types and would like to know the same thing (and no its for issues created via email) so keen to know if you succeeded

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2018

@Justin Snyder, It appears you are focusing upon creation of issues via email and not the portal. Obviously the portal method takes care of this situation for you but w/ email you have a single request type. Then you want some autonomous means of parsing the email to be able to change the request type. Do I have this correct?

Assuming so, you will need some sort of addon for parsing the body of the email to set the request type. You may want to look at In-Mail Handler. I have no experience w/ it so you will need to research to see if it gets you closer to your goal.

In my world, my agents triage all incoming email generated issues (dedicate Queue for this) and if necessary move the issue to the proper request type.

Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2018

Just use the Enterprise Email Handler for Jira it´s not that easy to configure, but you´ll get anything you want concerning mails...

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events