Different SLA parameters for different periods

Service Desk tím YMS May 18, 2022

Hello,

We have SLA agreement that defines different RT and FT for different periods.

For example: bug with priority Medium has the RT 3 days in summer and just 1 day during the winter.

I see following options how to proceed:

- I can define "Winter bug" and "Summer bug" request types with different SLA parameters. The problem is that user can create "Summer bug" also in winter and "Winter bug" in the summer...

- I can create just one Bug and define SLA parameters. And I can create reminders in calendar and change SLA parameters in the first day of each period

Is it possiible to solve this issue in some better way?

Best regards

Martin

1 answer

0 votes
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2022

Hi @Service Desk tím YMS / Martin

I think you need to educate users about rules and also edit request and change it to proper one (+ comment that they create wrong request).

Second option (IMHO more cruel but very effective) is to close wrong request with comment - please raise correct request.

Third option - maybe there is a way to hide request form? Does it need to be available all the time?

Regards,

Seba

Service Desk tím YMS May 19, 2022

Hello, Seba,

Many thanks for your answer.

I agree that education is required. But second option sometimes escalates to managers which is not expected. :)

Third option is OK, but it is similar to my - changing SLA parameters or hide/unhide request types requires relatively the same effort.

It seems that the is no way to do everything now, during the initial configuration.

Many thanks one more.

Best regards,

Martin

Like Sebastian Krzewiński likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS