Different Portals/Help Centers

Hannes January 22, 2020

Hi,

we need two completely different branded Portals/Help Centers for two projects. But so far when I configure the portal in the first project, the portal in the second project looks identically.

Is this possible and how can I achieve this?

Best Hannes

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2020

@Hannes , take a look at this question (Is the Service Desk portal look and feel unique for each Service Desk Project?). It should be able to address your question here.

Cheers.

Hannes January 29, 2020

@Ivan Lima A question regarding this (for my understanding):

Let's say I'm a service provider - We take care of the customer service of companies and do the complete support for them. So let's say we operate for Company A and B Corp. They have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

For my understanding I can not use the same Jira Instance for this case. As the Help Center has only one look for the whole Instance, in this case I'd need two completely different Jira Instances when I want to customize the Help Centers totaly different.

Is this correct? Just try to get an understanding of the idea what help center is - and what it isn't. I think, help center 'thinks' only towards support I provide for my company itself.

Thanks for clarify!

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2020

It sounds a very common use case. Typically, providers keep their help center with a more neutral look and feel and customize each portal such as name, welcome message, logo and announcement. Other than that, all other elements are inherited from the help center.

0 votes
Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 14, 2020

Hi,

You can use Theme Extension for Jira Service Desk. Firstly, it allows you to create unique customer portals. Secondly, you will be able to change a link under "Help Center" title in the navigation bar or remove it. So without knowing the URL, Help Center won't be accessible for others.

You can also use Extension for Jira Service Desk and using visibility feature present every customer portal for different jira groups.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events