Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete issues created based on the email "To:" field

DataIO August 26, 2022

I can see how to delete issues coming in form specific "Reporters". But I cannot find how to auto-delete issues addressed to certain email addresses. I need this to eliminate issues sent to groups. 

1 answer

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2022

Hi @DataIO 

Reporters in turn have their email addresses and as an admin, you will anyway have access to emails

Let me know if my understanding it correct

Thanks

DataIO August 26, 2022

I have issues being created automatically as I have associated and email address with Jira Service Management. I can automatically delete messages based on the reporter address or the "From"" field but I cannot figure out how to delete issues created from incoming email based on the "To:" field? 

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2022

Hi @DataIO 

To find the issues created via mail 

• request-channel-type = email

JQL is present 

Identify the issues created via email

Then have a list of user's and respective emails in separate sheet by exporting the users list from the instance.

Now To field repesents the assignee in Jira, search for assignee with user in jira with 

assignee = user-id

Let me know if this helps

Thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders