Delegate approvals

Koen Gillard _KoGi_ November 8, 2017

Hi

How would you be able to add a set of approvers and another set of approvers to cover a single point of approval (failure)?

A request needs to be approved by all heads of department or by their backup/deputies.

I can add the heads of department to the approvers and configure that everybody needs to approve, but what the (sometimes) optional approvers?

Thanks in advance.

Koen

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2017

I assume the following scenario is what you are going for.

You need approvals from all department heads or their proxy, e.g.

• Dept1 or Dept1 proxy, and
  • Dept2 or Dept2 proxy, and
  • Dept3 or Dept3 proxy

this get's messy as there currently is not notion of having a proxy approvers. Here is what you could do:

have an approval status for each dept (3 in the scenario above) and set the approvers for each to be the two approvers for that dept (primary and proxy) then set it to be 'any one of' for approval to proceed. The approvals would be serialized and cascade: Dept1 can approve/decline if approved Dept2 has the ball to approve/decline, etc.

IMO, and it is only an opinion, I would handle proxies differently. I would allow add a by-pass to the approval allowing the agent to handle moving the issue forward if any one of the primary approvers was absent. The agents role in this case is to get the proxy approver to comment in the ticket as to their proxy vote and once all votes are cast the agent can transition. It all depends on how formal the process needs to be here.

Angga K December 20, 2018

>I would allow add a by-pass to the approval allowing the agent to handle moving the issue forward if any one of the primary approvers was absent.

Hello, how do you setup the this bypass? How to prevent the agent to bypass the approval process without any comments from the proxy?

>The approvals would be serialized and cascade

If you dont' mind, can you please explain what do you mean with "serialized and cascade"?

Thank you.

0 votes
Benoit Heylens July 6, 2020

I don't understand how it's not available yet. We have to play with multiple accounts in our AD to setup backup groups of primary groups to get a start of delegation.

I mean, in every approval process I know, even in SAP, it's existent as standard feature. I voted to the two issues tracker mentioned earlier.

Jonathan November 3, 2020

fully agree, this should be a standard

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events