Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivate/edit queue categories

Martin Tauber September 6, 2020

Hi @ all,

after working for more than 5 years with Jira Software, we're new to Jira Service Desk and try it on a first test instance. We're a small team and want to make it as simple as possible. Therefore we would like to deactivate the queue categories and (if possible) show instantly the queues from "All tickets". 

These are the categories that I'm talking about.

2020-09-06_12-14-47.png

Hope my problem/question is clear. Thanks for your help and best regards from Italy,

Martin

5 answers

1 vote
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2020

Hi @Martin Tauber , @Stanislav Shumlyanskiy 

Thanks for clarifying how to locate this - I've now found it by activating ITSM early access!

I took a look through all the configuration options and I can't locate a method to turn off these ticket categories.

Neither can I find instructions for customising them - this page is all I found in the Knowledge Base.

I would suggest contacting https://support.atlassian.com/ for this query, who will be better placed to advise on what is possible here! If it isn't possible, you can provide feedback by selecting the "Give Feedback" hyperlink on the bottom-right of the sidebar.

If you do contact support, please let us know the outcome :)

Ste

0 votes
Martin Tauber September 7, 2020

Thanks all for your replies. 

We're using a "Classic service desk project"

2020-09-07_14-37-37.jpg 

The issue types are not corresponding to the categories ->

2020-09-07_14-38-14.jpg

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2020

Hi @Martin Tauber 

I might be missing something very simple, but how do you get these specific menu options to show on the left-hand side bar?

I see Queues, Customers, Reports, etc by default - do you see these instead?

Or are you clicking into one of the main options (eg. Queues) to see these?

Ste

Stanislav Shumlyanskiy September 7, 2020

@Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ its default sidebar in 'ITSM Template for JSD Cloud', it's not a Classic Service Desk Template.

0 votes
Stanislav Shumlyanskiy September 7, 2020

Hi.

I have the same question as Martin.

I want to show in the ITSM template of JSD Cloud in queues section only Incidents & Requests. The 'issue types scheme' assigned to the project doesn't have Changes & Problems issue types. So I have several questions regarding it:

1. How can I hide this category\section of requests: Changes, Problems?
  2. How can I rename 'Service requests' -> Requests
  3. How these categories\sections 'Service requests, Problems, Incidents, Changes' combined with the JQL filter (issuetype = 'service requests') or (issuetype = 'some regexp like *requests*) if I create new queues inside those categories?

Stanislav

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 7, 2020

Hi @Martin Tauber 

Where is this menu located? A screenshot would be ideal!

And is this a Next-Gen or Classic Service Desk?

Ste

Greg Tucker September 7, 2020

Classic. You want Project Settings. 

Annotation 2020-09-07 202548.png

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 7, 2020

Hi @Greg Tucker 

The menu screenshot from the original question? I couldn't locate a list which looks specifically like that as a default, with the icons, etc.

Ste

0 votes
Greg Tucker September 6, 2020

When you select a queue, in the upper right you can edit or delete the queue. In the navigation bar on the left you can also create new queues. 

Annotation 2020-09-07 103417.png

Martin Tauber September 6, 2020

Hi Greg, thanks for your response! This worked for the queues, but not the higher level. E.g. I deleted all the queues in "Service requests", but "Service requests" is still in the navigation. 

Greg Tucker September 7, 2020

I think you might be referring to Issue types under Project settings. You can deactivate some Issue types under the Actions menu (upper right). 

Annotation 2020-09-07 172855.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events