Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datetime Picker type of Custom Field is not shown in Request type Configuration

mustafa korkmaz December 19, 2020

I added a custom field which is a date time picker type.

And then this is associated with a proper screen.

Then I opened the request type properly which is builded with the issue type that I added recently the custom field on.

Once I try to add this field into request form by clicking on add field button, then I may not see the field as expected.

We are using free deployment for Jira Service Management product, is this the reason?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 28, 2020

Hello @mustafa korkmaz,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When creating a new custom field and adding it to the screens, it will be visible only internally by admins and users.

With that said, after that, it's necessary to add it to "Request form" for each Request type (Classic projects)

In case you are using a next-gen, go to Project settings > Request types and create the custom field directly there. 

There are no restrictions for that on the Free plan.

Can you please let us know if you are facing any error when adding the field to the form?

If so, please share a screenshot with us, so we can better understand what is happening in this case.

Regards,
Angélica

mustafa korkmaz December 29, 2020

Hi Angélica,

there is no error message or smith like this. I made the same process thousand time no exaggerate. But for this instance something is going weird.

I may also not add any new jira service management project, although I have already configured all jira service management cogs.

I ask this point to Atlassian itself, but they addressed to here, namely Atlassian community which has no capability to test this.

Sincerely,

Mustafa

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 30, 2020

Thank you for the details, Mustafa.

Can you please let us know if you are using a Classic or a Next-gen project?

I'm asking because, on next-gen projects, since it's an independent type of project, the custom field created on System > Issues > Custom field, won't be available for next-gen. The custom fields must be created directly in the project.

I created a Date/Time custom field on my site and it shows normally on the "Add field" in a Classic project.

Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 10.23.20.png

In next-gen, you will need to create the custom field directly on the request type.

Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 10.26.57.png

I saw that you created a ticket with our CAs regarding Service Management, but the product is listed on both sites you have an account.

Since you are a site admin, can you please go to Cog icon Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 10.31.27.png> User management and check if in your profile you have the group jira-servicedesk-users?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events