Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard - Filtered Issue linking (task/subtask) to be nested in Dashboard view

Andrew Stone July 5, 2022

Hi All, 

I'm looking to create a dashboard for our developer which can give an overview of all projects, then top-level tasks can nest subtasks. 

Currently, I have omitted the sub-tasks as in the current format it's too disruptive to have all tasks and all projects on a board. For now, top-level tasks are fine but not great.

Ideally, it would be great to have the top-level task and the sub-tasks nested within the dashboard view. Is this possible? 

Please see the current screenshot & ideal solution.

Current

In the red, there are multiple projects showing the parent tasks only. If I enable subtask view into the filter it makes this whole section very busy and not simple for dev to manage. 

New Project.jpg

Ideally

Below shows multiple projects but with the top level tasks nesting the sub tasks. 

New Project 2.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 25, 2022

Hi Andrew,

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

Our app Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards is not supporting exactly what you're looking for, but maybe it's still interesting for you.

With our app you can dynamically filter gadgets on your dashboard. In your case you could use a dropdown filter per project, to filter the whole dashboard per project.

quick-filters-jira-dashboard_filter-per-project.png

You could test Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards without installation on our demo dashboards.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events