Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customest don't receive my replies to to requests sent by email

Magdalena Jarek October 3, 2020

Hi,

we created a dedicated email  customers can send requests to.

We receive emails from customers, but customers don't see our replies.

can you help?

1 answer

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2020

Hi @Magdalena Jarek 

With the above, there could be any number of causes:

1. can you confirm the issues have a request type configured? When this is missing from an issue, the customer cannot receive notifications.
  2. Can the customer see the notification if the access the customer portal? If not, it means your comments may be internal only.
  3. Can you check if the comments added are not internal comments?

Can you trigger a notification to a test account and check if the mail queue shows any outgoing mail? This will allow you also know if the email is being fired correctly.

Magdalena Jarek October 4, 2020

Hello,

1. yes

2. they can see. So when sb doesn't have an account in customer portal, they will not receive email comment? Account is mandatory?

3. no, it's the other type.

Thanks for your support.

Magda

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2020

Hi @Magdalena Jarek ,

Yes a user does need an account. JIRA Service Desk creates an account for users when they email you (normally based on customer permission). So if a user doesn't have an account, then they will not be notified. 

no, it's the other type.

Please can you clarify what the other type is? Do you mean you are sending the notification to customer. If possible, can you send me the following:

• A screenshot of a sample comment where the user mentioned they did not get a notification?
  • Can you setup a test the process personally with a test user and describe the process you use for sending the notification, confirming if it works or not.

Let us know the result of this.

Regards.

Magdalena Jarek October 6, 2020

hello, everything works as designed.

When i changed the default reported into the right reporter, ticket becomes visible on the user's jira account  - i mean the request sent by emaiil.

Like Ismael Jimoh likes this
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2020

Great to hear you have the issue resolved.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events