• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Customers unable to view tickets, even as Request Participants

Hi,

I have setup Jira Service Desk for my company, but many customers have complained that they are unable to view and comment on tickets even when they are added as request participant or the ticket is shared with them.

I tried giving them Browse Project Permission and Add comment permission, but it doesn't seem to work.

I checked permissions for particular user on particular ticket using permission helper, which shows the user has add comment permission, still the Email Logs show - "You do not have permission to create internal comments on this issue". For some reason, people are also not able to view the ticket.

Since the customers in our case are our internal team members, I want all the customers to be able to view and comment on all issues. If that is not possible then I want at least the customers added as Request Participants to be able to view and comment on the issues.

Kindly recommend the right Permission Settings for this.

PFA, my current settings -

Jira - Add comments.pngJira - Browse Projects.pngJira - Permission Erros.png

2 answers

Hi,

First of all, I suggest you to click on Fix permissions from the screen you shared.

Could you please go to project settings->Customer permissions -> Who can customers share requests with?

Last, I suggest you to login as a customer, raise a ticket from the portal and try to share the ticket. Then login with the account you shared the ticket and check if the ticket is available from the portal -> My request 

0 votes
Ajay Solutions Partner Jan 23, 2020

@Nikita 

Also please configure the Service Desk portal  as per permission documentation , to achieve the desired use-case.

Customer Permissions are as under -

Jira - Customer permissions.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Announcing Jira Service Management!

Hello there Cloud Community members! Today, we’re thrilled to announce Jira Service Management, the next generation of Jira Service Desk. Jira Service Management touts advancements in IT service ...

2,212 views 28 39
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you