Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customers response is marked as Internal Comment

Richard Zatko January 19, 2023

Hey team,

I bumped into 2 problems. One is probably solved but the second one I can't figure out.

1. I replied to the customer from Jira Service Management and they never received the email reply. I think this is because I turned off Notifications for customers here:

Project Settings - Customer Notification - Public comment added. 

- once I enabled this one, the customer was able to receive my response from Jira. This should be solved but could someone confirm that this was the root cause, please

2. This one still last. When the customer replies to me, I receive their response as Internal Comment. Why is that and how do I change it, please? This is the flow:

The customer opens the ticket through Portal - I reply publicly to the customer from Jira - the customer receives the email and replies back - I receive the comment in Jira but it's marked as "Internal"

The customer is not a user in my Jira and they just reply to emails that they get from me. I think it might have to do something with the fact that my email requests are not configured, but I don't need email requests.

Please help.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2023

@Richard Zatko Welcome to the Atlassian community

1. You are correct that would cause the issue and you have already fixed it.  

2. You have also identified the issue here.  You need to setup the email for requests on the service desk so that the service desk email handler will parse it.  Even if you do not publicize this address the application still needs it as individuals will be communicating back to you through that address.

Richard Zatko February 3, 2023

Hi @Brant Schroeder , thank you, this was very helpful. I still struggle with #2. I added a short loom video of what I'm facing you could take a look and maybe help me figure out how to solve this?

I really appreciate your or anyone else's help on this.

https://www.loom.com/share/de07eabf17dc4c108e6f590f2ba9f688 (It's 2mins long, I suggest watching with 1.5x speed)

🙏🙏🙏

Like Brant Schroeder likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2023

@Richard Zatko The email address you shared in the video that is already connected to the service desk is fine.  The issue is that the request type associated with the email requests is missing the fields it needs.  For that request type make sure that you have Summary, Description and Attachments.  You can have other fields but they can not be required on the request type that is processing the email requests.  

0 votes
Richard Zatko February 22, 2023

Thank you, @Brant Schroeder , this really helped me :) All solved now

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 22, 2023

@Richard Zatko welcome

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events