Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customers do not appear in the role of "service desk customer"

Ben December 20, 2021

Hi,

in my portal I allow customers to create their own account. If a customer has created an account, it appears under "Channels & People"> "Customers".
The account created by the customer can also be found under "User management"> "Products"> "Jira Service Management"> "Portal customers".

So far, so good.

Why can't I find the account under "Project settings"> "People" with the role of "Service Desk Customers" ??? I've created several test accounts and it is always the same. Shouldn't accounts created by the customer appear under "people" with the role "Service Desk Customers"?

Kind regards,

Ben

1 comment

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2021

Hi @Ben ,

Not really no, those portal only  customers are something special and also not linked to an atlassian account.

As they don't really exist besides as a customer (and thus not an Atlassian account) this is most likely the reason why they are split towards the "customer portal only"-menu and why you cannot give them other roles.

Since they are customers only, why is it an issue that they don't show up in People?

Ben December 20, 2021

Thanks for your answer.

Ok. Understood. But then how can I prevent a customer from accessing a project as a project admin?

Kind regards,

Ben

Ben December 20, 2021

By the way: I don't really think it's logical what Atlassian has done here. Because if I add a customer manually via "add customers" under "customers", then this customer appears under "settings"> "people".
The customer I added in this way still appears under "Portal Customers" ...

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events