Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customers cannot enlarge images or view PPT presentations in SD's KB documentation

Alexandra Bobrow (Instech) January 7, 2021

Let's say I add an image to a confluence article and publish it. When I am in confluence reading this article I can click the image and enlarge it. As a customer using Jira Service Desk reading this same article, the customer is NOT able to enlarge images. I would like to be able to show the thumbnail and for customers to be able to click the image and for the image to appear enlarged in a pop-up window. I am creating a how-to guide for customers with step by step instructions (text & images) for how to use the software and it is very messy if all the images must be full size in order for customers to see the image details.

Also, if I add a Power Point Presentation in order to avoid the issue of having too many large pictures in a row showing on the page at the same time, the customer only sees the first slide in Jira Service Desk when viewing this documentation, and has no way of enlarging this PPT and no way of viewing any of the other slides. It shows up as a static single web image and not a PPT.

What am I doing wrong here? What am I missing? Why are these functionalities only available for Confluence users but not for Jira Service Desk customers viewing the same exact documentation within the SD portal? And why are articles formatted / shown differently in Confluence than in the SD portal? Everything seems to be smaller so when writing / editing an article it gives me the illusion that the image size is correct, only to log into the SD portal and find that the image is much smaller and not readable there.

1 answer

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

Hi @Alexandra Bobrow (Instech)  ,

What do you see in console log ?

You have to be more specific. What information are you looking for? Do you want me to compare the two sites (internal confluence & customer external SD) by seeing the differences in my browsers dev tools for each specific picture and PPT? 

Like Gonchik Tsymzhitov likes this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

Right, I want to exactly understand the problem with internal side or external one. 

You can easier check using dev tool in your browser and on network tab.

After setting the preserve log checkbox and after uploading huge ppt file you will find the response from server.

it's timeout or exact error response

For the PPT: There are more errors on the internal page that works than there are on the external customer page. Hard to say what error/warning warrants this different though. The only error I see on both pages is:

DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for https://.....atlassian.confluence.extra.officeconnector:mediaviewer-core/mediaviewer.all.js.map: HTTP error: status code 503, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

I honestly have no idea which errors or warnings would be helpful to mention. I am new to Atlassian products so I do not even know if this functionality is normal or a bug in the first place, but it sounds like you are confirming that customers reading articles from the KB in service desk should be able to view PPTs and should be able to enlarge images correct?

Network shows no errors. The only error I see in console for the external customer pages is Uncaught (in promise) Error: No jira/navigation - batch.js?locale=en-US&sd_operational=true:9428

The rest of the warnings are like dev tools failed and depreciated cookie which shouldn't affect this issue. 

This is just an example of what my confluence article looks like. When I publish it and am no longer editing but just reading, I can click the image and a pop-up window appears where I can zoom. When I read the same article in Service Desk nothing happens when I click the image.

Example1.pngExample2.png

I mean I see in multiple places that the interface and functionality for internal confluence is completely different for the external customer one. When editing/writing a confluence article if I insert an "Expand" section, add content and save, it is hidden automatically when the published article is viewed internally so then I can click it if I want to expand the section. But on the external service desk page for customers it is automatically shown and customers can choose to close them. Why are there two different rules? Also the expand icons are different. The internal page (where I can edit articles) shows 1 arrow, whereas the external page (where customers can view KB articles) shows 2 arrows. 

Essentially I am wondering why there are so many differences between internal confluence pages and external customer confluence pages and if there is any way to change this because I do not think there are any errors, just that either Atlassian does not allow this functionality or that the website template we are using is an older outdated version that does not allow this functionality. I just do not know which.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events