Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customers cannot add participants or share with other users the issues they created.

gfernandez December 23, 2020

Customers cannot add participants or share with other users the issues they created.

Only agents can use share with once the issue is created. How can I allow users to share the issues with others JIRA customers. Is even possible a customer add participants when he/she is creating the issue in the portal?

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2020

@gfernandez -

Yes you can, you will need to work with the JSM project admin to turn on the option in "Customer Permissions" section -

2020-12-23_10-28-19.png

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

gfernandez December 23, 2020

Thanks a lot. I heard about it, but didn´t know where to find it. It works.

Thanks a lot.

Last query.

Is even possible that a customer add participants when he/she is creating the issue in the portal? or only once the issue is created.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2020

@gfernandez -

I am glad it helped.

I believe you can expose "Request participants" field in the JSM request form (you can give it a try).  Typically, it is done after the issue is created.

Best, Joseph

Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2021

Thanks for the reminder on this @Joseph Chung Yin . I converted a Jira Software project to JSD and could not for the life of me figure out why I couldn't add request participants. I kept mucking around with roles, permissions, etc.... totally forgot to look here. Not the first time I've been bitten by this one.

Mohamud Abdirahman August 16, 2021

This was helpful! Thanks Joseph!

Miriam Hopton March 1, 2022

Thank you so much, Joseph for the help!!! This solved our issue on our ServiceDesk project! I modified our settings and it helped resolve users to now add others within the project.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events