Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customers being deleted when they lose access as a user so can;t log tickets against them.

Claire Port January 6, 2021

I have a rather odd situation. We've a number of people who have been customers of the service desk. They have also been users  at some point. Once their access is revoked as a user I can then no longer see them as a customer,  The only way to add them back in is to remove the user altogether and then add them back in as customer,  I can't do with whilst the user record still exists.  

Can anyone tell me if this is expected behaviour and if there is another way to deal with this.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2021

here is what I suspect is going on (consider this a theory).

1. you had a user as a Customer (portal only)
  2. later the user needed application access so you Migrated the user to an Atlassian account
  3. later you deactivated the user

so I think the issue here lies in the fact that once you migrate a user to an Atlassian account you cannot 'undo'.

Did you delete the customer? If so that is problematic (deleting users is bad practice IMO). However, if you simply deactivated them then reactivate but uncheck all application access and see if that gets you there.

Claire Port January 6, 2021

Thanks Jack, Yes I did delete the user before I tried adding the customer again. I'll try reactivating the user and then adding them as a customer.

That worked. So this customer only user with "has access to site" enabled but none of the applications enabled.

Much appreciated.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2021

cool....glad it work out for you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events