Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Customer request type filed in empty for issues imported from CSV

Dears,

Iam importing some issues for certain project from csv but the issue:

type is imported correctly but the customer request type or request type filed in shown like no match attached screen shoot 

what is the filed name i have to import to correctly display this filed?

Import Issue.JPG

1 answer

Hi @Mohamed Saad Taha,

Request types in JSM use some weird and complex keys rather than the description you see in the UI. This related thread explains more about how it works and how you may be able to retrieve them.

Hope this helps!

Thanks alot for your reply indeed it is help but I have the below issues 

1- When I try to access endpoint on my web browser it show only one word "Null" screen below 

2- also when I try to map the filed from the excel to which filed in the mapping screen i have to select to import in request type filed 

screen below 

Null.JPG

Well; it is essential that you do have request types configured for the issue type you are trying to create. If you're unsure if this is all properly set up, check Atlassian documentation to learn more.

As an alternative, instead of doing complex manipulations to get the csv import right, you could also consider setting up an automation rule to update the request types of issues that do not have them properly filled out. You can use a scheduled automation rule to check for issues that don't have a request type filled out and use conditional logic (based on issue types) to fill out the missing request types.

The basic rule could look like this:

Screenshot 2023-01-02 at 16.37.41.png

Of course, you'll need to define proper rules to map the right request types to their matching issue types.

Like Mohamed Saad Taha likes this

@Walter Buggenhout _ACA IT_ 

For the first part of course, I have request type for every issue type but to import form CSV I must know two things first the field name that I need to fill (request type filed and it is system filed but I don't know its name in the mapping screen) second the value that I need to import and it is some how no easy is there any way from script runner to get this value ?

for the automation rule Iam using datacenter version 4.20.8 and I don't find scheduled automation rule is it exist in my version ? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events