Customer portal

Mariusz Mika May 26, 2022

Hello, I have two questions in regards to Jira Service Desk:

1. Would it be possible for a customer to change the priority of the already raised case on the portal? Is it achievable?

2. Can the customer see who has been assigned from Service Desk team to the already raised case on the portal? Is it achievable?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2022

Hi @Mariusz Mika, welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The answer to both questions is no, I'm sorry.

Created issues are not editable via the portal. The customer will have to add a comment to ask for a priority raise.
You can also add a transition that will be usable on the portal called "escalate" or something similar and trigger something when that happens.

The assignee is not visible by default but with the Extension for JSM plugin you can display more data like the assignee.

Mariusz Mika May 27, 2022

Than you @Charlie Misonne  for the clarification. I have one more question to the Customer portal that just came up. Can the customer build on their own any reports on the portal? How much they can see there? Thanks

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2022

You're welcome. Please mark the answer as accepted if it answered your question.

About the reports: users can only see tickets they created themselves or that were shared with them. There are no actual reports on the portal. For that they need to an actual Jira license.
Perhaps you can find another plugin that meets your requirement: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=portal%20report

1 vote
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2022

Hi @Mariusz Mika ,

1. You can achieve it only by feature Edit request provided by our app Feature Bundle for Jira Service Management. Unfortunately, natively is not possible.

2. The Assignee field can be visible on My Requests page. If you want to present it on the request, our app mentioned above has got also this feature :)

Feel free to book a meeting with our team via calendly.com/appsvio. We can discuss your use case and provide the best solution for you.

Good to know: If you have a small instance - up to 10 users, our app is free.

Best regards,

Appsvio team

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events