Customer notifications - template not being used for invitation email

Mark K November 5, 2021

I have set our default email settings to be HTML, and all other customer notification emails are using our Template, but I can't seem to get the Customer Invitation notification to pick it up. It just send the body text we have, without the greeting, signature, etc.

Has anyone else had this issue, or knows what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2021

Hi @Mark K 

Customer notifications are set up within the JSM project. If you go to project settings > customers notifications, you will see all available email notif. I would check to see if the HTML email template has something in it:

html email notif.png

Hope that helps!

Mark K November 8, 2021

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

Thanks for your response.

I have the HTML template set up and it's being picked up by all of the other customer notifications. It's just the initial customer invitation notification that isn't picking up the template. I can't see why - I thought it was automatically used for all.

I wondered if there was another setting on the template that differentiates between the initial invitation and those that are sent out once a customer has successfully signed up?

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2021

@Mark K 

Then try to format the actual invitation email by following the formatting guide:

invitation.png

Like Mark K likes this
Mark K November 8, 2021

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

Thanks very much for that suggestion. I've now done this and it works fine. I can't work out how to amend the font used, but that's not really an issue.

Thanks again!

Koen Vandenabeele December 22, 2021

It would make sense that the same template is used considering the description of the template also states account related emails will use it. So either Atlassian should remove that piece of text or make it work with the standard template (which I think is more preferrable)

jiratemp.png

Like Mark K likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events