Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer notifications for organization

rsisauri August 10, 2022

Hello,
I've created organization for one project and I  want to send to this organization notifications when public comment added. There is Customer notification scheme, where you can add reporter or customers involved but not organization.

Could you suggest how to inform organization (with whom the issue is shared)when issue is commented by reporter or assigner?

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2022

@rsisauri -

Welcome to the community.  Notification will go out to customers who are added as "requested participants" to the issues.  

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Ruska Sisauri August 10, 2022

@Joseph , thank you for answer. but it's not helpful. 
I don't want   to use request participants. When reporter creates issue from Portal, he/she shares it to the organization . I want to inform this organization when issue is commented, issue status changes and etc. 

People who are added in this organization have mutual email group. And if i add this email to the request participants, of course they will get all kind of notifications , but problem is that if members of this email group click "view this request " they can't access the portal (they do not have permission to view this issue, cause email group address is in request participant field, not the users of email group) . 

Sincerely,

Rusudan

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2022

@Ruska Sisauri 

Requested Participant is the way for customers to share issues in JSM and then get notified when public comment is added to the issue.  One other option is for you to use Automation for Jira and establish a rule on issue commented trigger for the project and send out custom notification.  However, Automation for Jira for the On-prems env, it is a separate paid add-on.

At this time, I would recommend you to contact Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com) for further suggestion to resolve your ask.

Sorry.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events