• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Customer notification troubleshooting

Hi all,

Some customers say they are not receiving E-Mail Notifications even though they are turned on for these issues. 

Unfortunately, this cannot be reproduced on internal tests, for us they are working fine. It also does not affect all users nor all requests, so is there a way, to view a outgoing notification log?
What are typical problems that can lead to this? Changes in certain fields, changes of issue/request types?

Thanks & best regards,

Jonathan

2 answers

1 vote
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Feb 07, 2021

Hi @Jonathan Schwarze

please make sure the request have a "Request type" safely set.

Referring to documentation all issues that do not meet this criteria are not considered a request but rather a regular Jira issue.

I believe this is the challenge you are facing right now because some more basic mailing problems would likely have an effect on other mails / customers also.

Please check and let us know what you found out.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi @Daniel Ebers ,

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately this won´t be our solution, as myself and other users do receive these notifications even with Issue Types set. 

Best regards,

Jonathan

Daniel Ebers Community Leader Feb 08, 2021

Can you show the format of the mails received (at least a part of)?
Is this an Agent or a customer notification?

Customer notification:

Request resolved notification.png

Daniel Ebers Community Leader Feb 08, 2021

Just to confirm: this is the mail you receive upon resolving a request? I am asking because there is a separate notification format for Agents which looks different.

Sorry, I guess you were right previously.. did some other tests with a customer account and mails were not sent after changing from request to issue type. I'll set up some request types and test it again

Nevermind, the e-mail just took some time, but I received it :( 

0 votes

Hey Jonathan,

Quick clarifying question. Are you using the in built email address for notifications, or are you using a custom address?

Let me know,

Ben.

Hi Ben,

for outgoing notifications we are using the default e-mail. 

Thanks

Thanks for confirming.

Currently we do not have outgoing logs, but it is something we are reviewing and it would be great to get your vote on this ticket https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-4698

I assume you have had the users check this spam folders. Is the a particular notification type which is failing? Are the users who are not getting the notifications also Agents?

No, these are not agents. This is only refering to customer notifications. 

For most tickets we change the type from a request type to an issue type. In these tickets we have "Request type: None" set, may this be the problem?

The last complaints from customers were for notification when a request is resolved

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

227 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you