Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer notification troubleshooting

Jonathan Schwarze February 5, 2021

Hi all,

Some customers say they are not receiving E-Mail Notifications even though they are turned on for these issues. 

Unfortunately, this cannot be reproduced on internal tests, for us they are working fine. It also does not affect all users nor all requests, so is there a way, to view a outgoing notification log?
What are typical problems that can lead to this? Changes in certain fields, changes of issue/request types?

Thanks & best regards,

Jonathan

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2021

Hi @Jonathan Schwarze

please make sure the request have a "Request type" safely set.

Referring to documentation all issues that do not meet this criteria are not considered a request but rather a regular Jira issue.

I believe this is the challenge you are facing right now because some more basic mailing problems would likely have an effect on other mails / customers also.

Please check and let us know what you found out.

Regards,
Daniel

Jonathan Schwarze February 8, 2021

Hi @Daniel Ebers ,

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately this won´t be our solution, as myself and other users do receive these notifications even with Issue Types set. 

Best regards,

Jonathan

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2021

Can you show the format of the mails received (at least a part of)?
Is this an Agent or a customer notification?

Customer notification:

Request resolved notification.png

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 8, 2021

Just to confirm: this is the mail you receive upon resolving a request? I am asking because there is a separate notification format for Agents which looks different.

Sorry, I guess you were right previously.. did some other tests with a customer account and mails were not sent after changing from request to issue type. I'll set up some request types and test it again

Nevermind, the e-mail just took some time, but I received it :( 

0 votes
Benjamin Paton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2021

Hey Jonathan,

Quick clarifying question. Are you using the in built email address for notifications, or are you using a custom address?

Let me know,

Ben.

Jonathan Schwarze February 6, 2021

Hi Ben,

for outgoing notifications we are using the default e-mail. 

Thanks

Benjamin Paton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2021

Thanks for confirming.

Currently we do not have outgoing logs, but it is something we are reviewing and it would be great to get your vote on this ticket https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-4698

I assume you have had the users check this spam folders. Is the a particular notification type which is failing? Are the users who are not getting the notifications also Agents?

Jonathan Schwarze February 6, 2021

No, these are not agents. This is only refering to customer notifications. 

For most tickets we change the type from a request type to an issue type. In these tickets we have "Request type: None" set, may this be the problem?

The last complaints from customers were for notification when a request is resolved

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events