Customer is receiving notifications of other customer's issue

ext_jepodola July 16, 2021

Hi,

We receive issues via email from our external customers. Therefore our current configuration is the below:

2.jpg

A customer reached out to us because he is receiving email notifications of other customer's issue. He has not been CC in any of the emails, so it does not appear as Request Participant.

I once created an Organization for our project but then deleted it. However all the customers have been added to the Customers section. 

What can I do to avoid customer's receiving notification from other customer's issues?

Besides the notifications, I don't want customers being able to view other issues. 

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2021

@ext_jepodola -

Based on your situation, the only way that I know non-reporter of an issue receive email notification for unrelated issues is that he/she was added to the issue's "Requested Participants".  Have you also looked at "Customer Notifications" configuration section to ensure that all the rules are not sending out emails to unwanted recipient.

Deleting the organization from a project doesn't remove it from your site.  Furthermore, customers still exist on the Jira site and have access to any projects for which they have the Customers role, or if they have access through another organization.

See Atlassian page - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/delete-an-organization-from-a-site/

I also don't recommend the setting you have for "Service Project Access", you should be using the option of "Customer added by agent or admin".

Lastly, I would recommend that you file an official support case with Atlassian for further assistance on your current situation.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events