Customer in Sales Projekt

Andreas Schoeffler September 8, 2022

Hi All

I have created a sales project via a template and would now like to add external customers.

In the template I am missing the customer page as it exists in the service projects.

Is there a possibility to activate it later in a project?

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

Hey @Andreas Schoeffler,

The concept of customers is exclusive to service management projects. Regular Jira Work Management or Jira Software projects don't offer it. The template The templates there mostly revolve around available issue types, statuses, and workflow transitions and enabled other functions like boards. You cannot activate it later in the project. You can try to work around this limitation with permissions and issue security, but it's not comparable with Jira Service Managemen Projects including a portal.

Best, Max

Andreas Schoeffler September 8, 2022

Thank you very much for the information.

That is a pity. Is it possible to migrate a project into a Service Project so that I have the function.

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

Hey Andreas,

You should set up the Service Project, and you can share some parts of the configuration but not all. After that, migrate the issues to the project and also assign request types so the issues can be shared with customers in the portal.

Best, Max

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2022

@Andreas Schoeffler -

I also agreed with what @Max Foerster - K15t suggested.  You should create JSM project, so customers (free of charge) can create/interact with the issues via the Portal UI.  Based on my knowledge - For Jira Work Management projects, all users must be licensed with Jira Software to interact with the project just like if the project is a Jira Software project.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Andreas Schoeffler September 12, 2022

Hello All

I have Migratet the Project and it works , thanks.

Only one Problem i have, all Ticket Closed and "Resolutiuon" Resolved after mass Update.
But i see the Issues as Open?

Best Regards 

Andreas

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2022

Hey @Andreas Schoeffler

Where do you see the issues as open after the status seems to be "Closed", and a resolution (and resolution data?) is set?

Best, Max

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events